Thursday, August 9, 2007

an update

on the babysitting situation.
I got the SuperMom's house this morning quite early, actually.
I brought my beloved Harry Potter book (The boy lives!!) and settled down in the living room with a a sleeping guy who's name has been changed. Let's call him BagelBiter, shall we.
Anyways, after being notified that someone had pulled another "Fake Barf" of me, I settled down again and read.
Many exciting things happen to Potter in the end of the middle of the book. I couldn't quite grasp how many pages J.K. Rowling must have written. 759, wasn't it? Well, it's a staggering amount.
I could never see myself writing that much.
When BagelBiter finally awoke, I got up and began taking orders for breakfast, because four boy eat A LOT. Instead of the measly one and a half sandwiches or waffles or any other breakfast material, it immediately becomes double or triple the amount.
When all the fighting over the last egg had subsided, I cleared the table and set BagleBiter out to sweep the garage, Whiner to clean up all the bionacles/ legos/ action figures, Tigurr to load the dishwasher, and Baby to make the beds.
Quite surprisingly, they listened and did as I asked.
You know, it's quite hard getting four boys between the ages of 3 and 18 to do as you say, especially when you are a girl, let alone who is younger.
But never mind.
I picked up the remote while Whiner made vaccuming noises and scooped up the stuffed animals that had been lying on the floor into his grubby hands and ran off.
It was quite for about two hours, until BagelBiter decided to shoot birds/ cars/ people with his newly obtained BB gun. I watched in amusement while he tried to show off his muscles by pumping the loader.
I reached down to swirl the little shell on a string that was my constant accessory. I gave it a hard testing jerk to see if the twine would hold up.
It didn't, so with my broken bracelet in my hand and nothing else to do, I went in search of a new piece of string.
Safe to say I didn't find any, so I am currently repairing this bracelet with some kick ass purple yarn.
It looks really cool, my little homemade bracelet with purple twine. I would take a picture, but my camera is currently abducted by my mother for work related reasons of which I have not been informed.
The rest of the day went smoothly, except for the part where our crazy phsyco neighbor lady came over without a shirt on and asked for kotex and my Maroon5 CD. I closed the door in her face but she wouldn't quite. So I opened the door and offered to walk her home. She accepted and when we arrived she broke down and cried openly and told me that I was a great girl and that I should follow my dreams and love everything around me and that I was a great person again, and then she went inside and didn't come out again.
I felt bad for her. She married her stepdad. I'm not kidding, he was married to her mother and when they got a divorce he married this lady. But they didn't work out too well.
That image just keeps floating into my mind. Of her just openly crying, like she was two...
Well, she's a grown woman, right? If she needs to talk, I guess I'm here...
Wow, there's some great songs on fredflare.com right now, you should go check it out :))
Hope that's not too depressing, but I gotta go make some dinner for Bomb.
Cheers

No comments: