Tuesday, August 7, 2007

ahh yes.

I just thought of something:
"Confessions of an underage /under paid babysitter",
because that is exactly what I am.
Pati aka SuperMom told me today of a deal her and my dad have struck.
If I am watching her children and my sister needs a place to chill,
then she takes 10 dollars off of what she would have to pay me (Which at this point is 40 dollars for 8 hours of care. yeah, not bad).
The best part is: I didn't know about this until this afternoon when I nearly choked on a bite of tomato soup.
Yeah, the ten dollars she gets to take off my dad is supposed to pay me back for.
Problem is, Oliva (the sister unit)has come with me to this particular job on five, count 'em, 1 2 3 4 5, different occasions.
Fifty bucks I'm missing and I didn't even know it.
wanna know how I feel right about now.

that's right.
Look at that adorable face and think of all the teens who don't get paid correctly, fail out of highschool, take up flipping burgers @ In-n-out, and end up living in a box on the side of the highway with a cat who's name varies from "Assface" to "Precious Darling".

...

Yeah, complete dramatization, but you get my point.

Anyways, today was uneventful.
Except for one thing.
SuperMom's middle child, Gavin, has this testing thing going.
And well, it sucks major butt.
So today his brother Taghd was riding his bike, and Gavin began what by the looks of it was an extreme meltdown.
Yes, all mothers and au pairs alike know exactly what I'm talking about.
Fist, it's the whining and pouty "I thought you loved me" look.
Then comes the crying and "I hate you"s,
Which is quickly followed by the "I am a sack of potatoes, you cannot pick me up" phase.
It might have been something he had for breakfast, but I guess he decided to take this one a step further.
All the way to my house and back, in fact.
You see, I live right across the street when I live with my dad.
His latest girlfriend seems to be a nice woman, except for the fact that she has dogs.
Lots of then.
Only three, really. But when one of them acts like he's on crack, the other thinks he's still a puppy when in fact he's a 200 pound newfoundland, and the other will do anything to get your attention, well, it's just one big blob of organized chaos now isn't it?
Anyways, I'm trying to leash these beasts up when I just happen to catch Gavin in the act of punching his brother, who is riding his bike, square in the stomach.
You know in those really cheesy Asian fight movies, when one guy is suspended in the air for what seems like a full minute?
Well this looked exactly like that.
One moment Taghd was merrily riding his bicycle down my driveway, and the next he's on the ground with the breath knocked out of his doing his best to not cry and be tuff.
I was just about up to her -makes gesture towards eyebrows- with that boy and his scheming little ways. I yelled at his and when he smacked me across the face I couldn't believe my mind! I grabbed his arm and sent him home, like any good babysitter with nothing left to do does.
But (yes, the but has arrived)
But I was in for it when I got back to the house.
While I was trying to control 3 youngsters and a bear (Debra the newfoundland), Gavin had gotten his little paws on the phone and called his mum.
So when I got home, I had to face the mighty creature that is SuperMom.
He had called her and had made it sound as though I had abused him!
Needless (did I already use this today?) to say I did not talk to him unless I had to.
----------------------------------
That's basically all that happened.
If there where more going on then I will let you know.
Tomorrow though, is breakfast @ Gales (an awesome local bakery) for breakfast with Mom and Bomb (Olivia the sister's nickname is Olivia Neutron Bomb, aka Bomb).


Cheers until then baby!

No comments: